background

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Encouraged when you least expect....

I recently took a trip to the Family Christian Book Store looking for some glowing book calling my name that would help enlighten me and my walk with Christ. Although there was no shining light beaming down from the heavens, I know that God had his hand on me as I searched through the shelves.
I came across the clearance section..thoughts in my head were "Well, no one wanted these books for a reason!" As I shuffled through the massive pile of random books about spiritual growth for the golfer, learning to pray for the unwilling, and 100 questions kids ask about God, I came picked up a book titled "The Spiritual Power of a Mother." OK, how many of these books do we POSSIBLY need? What else can this book tell me that my 5 other books about this same topic haven't? Well, I flipped through the pages, thought to myself, this looks interesting, for $2 its worth the purchase! I closed the book and my eyes scanned the cover only to find the true title of the book "The Spiritual Power of a Mother: Encouragement for the Homeschooling Mom." Ding Ding Ding! There was my shining, glorious light! Thank you Lord! It was just what I needed. I walked in searching for something that would help me grow as a Christian, and I walked out with encouragement for my walk through homeschooling my children.
I had to share what I read in the preface of this book, I found this so interesting, and so TRUE! I am sorry if it offends anyone, especially those with kids in the public school system. I am in no way a Homeschooling Nazi nor will I judge anyone who has made the decision that is suited best for them. But I do believe the premise of what the author says here should make us all think a little bit more about who is teaching our children and where their values may end up.

"Homeschooling moms are also doing more to change the face of American politics and culture than any other single group. The biggest problem in Washington DC, is that our leaders don't have a clear understanding of the purposes of government. Most don't understand that neither God nor the Constitution expected government to be the human institution to save mankind from all of its sorrows and woes. Government was expected to protect life, liberty, and property. When government tries to be a mini-Messiah, our freedom and our fortunes are put in grave jeopardy.
The best way to change this problem is to raise up a generation of children who do not believe that government should pretend to be a mini-Messiah.
When Children get their education from the government, that is a difficult task. But when children get their education from their mothers, they have the ability to understand the world from the same perspective as our founding fathers."
Excerpt from:

No comments:

Post a Comment